Join the New Mexico Humanities Council Team!
NMHC is accepting applications for a Fiscal Officer
25 Feb 2018
FISCAL OFFICER JOB DESCRIPTION
Applications are invited for a Fiscal Officer to assist the New Mexico Humanities Council (NMHC), a small nonprofit organization with a statewide reach. This is a one-half to three-quarters time position with a benefits plan that includes retirement, paid time off, and stipend for insurance. Salary DOE. Flexible work hours. NMHC is a private, nonprofit organization which supports humanities programs throughout New Mexico with grants from the National Endowment for the Humanities and private donations. The successful candidate will oversee all accounting activities, and will provide key advice on budgeting.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with bookkeeping and accounting; 3–5 years preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping standards and procedures
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and QuickBooks Pro
- Ability to do research and work online
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience dealing with a diverse public
- Excellent organizational skills and office management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Exceptional time management and ability to problem solve under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field
- Knowledge of and facility with fund accounting
- Knowledge of and experience with federal funding compliance requirements
- Experience with bookkeeping and accounting in a nonprofit setting
- Facility with database management and information retrieval
- Manage the financial affairs and contract and grant compliance for the New Mexico Humanities Council and its office activities
- Manage timesheets and payroll
- Provide guidance on human resource issues
- Archive corporate records and provide general financial records management for organization
- Work closely with executive director and program staff to develop annual budget
- Maintain appropriate financial records, management of cash flow and disbursements, and preparation of required reports for the IRS, NM Department of Taxation and Revenue, NM Office of Attorney General, and NM Secretary of State
- Submit interim and final financial and programming reports to the National Endowment for the Humanities, the State of New Mexico, foundations, nonprofit organizations and other funding sources
- Comply with funders’ requirements as they pertain to fiscal functions and financial analysis of expenditures and budgets and submission of reports as required
- Ensure that financial support is provided for NMHC’s Board and all other staff
- Ensure proper record keeping
- Assist program staff as needed with reports, applications, and publications
- Report to and work with the Executive Director on all financial matters
- Oversee all fiscal reporting within NMHC and create monthly budget reports
- Complete other duties as assigned
Email (1) a letter of interest with your qualifications, (2) a resume, and (3) names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail the package to New Mexico Humanities Council, 4115 Silver SE, Albuquerque NM 87108, by February 25, 2018. NMHC is an equal opportunity employer.